Otak otak homemade 🍢. Traditionally eaten with rice or bread, the Spicy Otak Otak -or spicy fish cakes -packs a tight punch! A dish favoured in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, it is a delicious amalgamation of Southeast Asian spices, shrimp pasteand the Spanish mackerel wrapped in fragrant banana leaves. While best grilled over charcoal, the taste is still fairly authentic steamed or baked.
Alternatively, substitute the fish with any other meat options, such as shrimp, crab meat, and cuttlefish, as well as the combination of different meats. Brains is a hilarious English translation to otak otak, a recipe commonly served in Southeast Asia but is overshadowed by nasi lemak, roti canai and Ma ggi Goreng here in Malaysia. An otak otak recipe is an amalgamation of aromatic spices and other ingredients that promises to concoct a paste-like fish wrap packed with flavours that will blow your mind. You can cook Otak otak homemade 🍢 using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Otak otak homemade 🍢
- Prepare 500 gram of Ikan gabus.
- It’s 75 gram of Santan murni.
- It’s secukupnya of Garam.
- Prepare 2 sdt of Merica bubuk.
- It’s 1/2 sdt of Gula.
- It’s 420 gram of Tepung sagu.
- You need 4 batang of Daun bawang atau kucai.
- You need of Lidi, daunpisang untuk membungkus.
I've known Danny Boh, the contributor of this otak-otak recipe, for a long time. We go way back to the days when I joined Dell Penang as a fresh graduate and Danny was a sales manager in another department. Sure we said hello once in a while. Otah-Otah (or simply known as Otah or alternative spelling as otak-otak or 乌达 in Chinese) is a Nyonya (could be Malay too) dish commonly found in countries a.
Otak otak homemade 🍢 instructions
- Campur ikan giling, santan, merica , garam , telur aduk sampai rata, kemudian campurkan tepung sagu dikit demi sedikit..
- Ketika sudah agak kalis panaskan daun pisang untung membungkus lalu bungkus otak otak dengan daun pisang.ukuran sesuai selerra kalo say 1 1/2 sdm .lalu gunakan lidi untuk merekatkan daunnya.kemudian panggang otak2 . Lakukan sampai habis . Makasih bnyak sudah liat resep saya. Kalo ada yg ga jelas bs di komen nanti saya jawab..
The mere mention of otak-otak and the visual picture of perfectly steamed and moist fish custard wrapped with banana leaves often sets my mouthwatering. Otak-otak is a classic Nyonya dish—brightly flavored with various aromatic herbs, exotic spices, and infused with the sweet fragrance of rich coconut milk. Otak-Otak (Steamed Fish Custard) is a delicious Nyonya dish of fish infused with a creamy and spicy coconut based custard and aromatic herbs. Otak-Otak is one of those truly special dishes from my childhood. It is special because I did not get to eat it often.